HISTORY of the location
Prior to 1947: Operated as motion picture theater.
1947: One season as a playhouse under Klumps and Herby.
1948-1967: Johnny Kane runs Burlesque shows at theater.
1967: Pete Macchia purchases. Building is used for storage.
1984: Woods Inc., invests $60,000 and converts the building into a playhouse. One production, “Godspell,” is staged.
1984: Building sold back to Macchia.
2000: John Bloom and girlfriend, Bloom, a magician, purchase and renovate the building. They run a magic show for one season, left town and went on to become a top magic act in the U.S.
2001: P.J. Macchia opens P.J.’s Arcade in the front of the building. Back of building is used for storage.